On a Reinke pivot, the NETB16WRMX hardware is powered by both the forward and reverse run control circuits. If remote shutdown is desired, a control relay or diode-fork must be added such that either the forward or reverse conductor can power the
without causing a short. Contact Net Irrigate for an auto-shutdown adapter (diode-fork) in the event your NETB16WRMX-RNK was shipped without it.
- Be sure the power to the pivot is completely off and the main disconnect is locked.
- Connect the two orange wires on the auto-shutdown adapter (diode fork) to the purple and pink wires on the Reinke terminal strip.
- Connect the white wire on the auto-shutdown adapter to neutral.
- Connect the white and black wires from the NETB16WRMX to neutral as well.
- Connect the green wire on the NETB16WRMX to ground.
- Wire nut the blue wire from the NETB16WRMX to the blue wire on the auto-shutdown adapter.
- Connect the red wire from the NETB16WRMX to the yellow wire from the RAMS switch box.
Testing your Wiring and Remote Shutdown
- Start the pivot walking in forward.
- Use the Net Irrigate mobile app on your phone to check for the start event.
- Stop the pivot using the mobile app on your phone. The pivot should shut down in 60 to 90 seconds.
- Once the pivot properly shuts down, use the mobile app on your phone to check for the stop event.
- Repeat steps 1-4 above walking the pivot in reverse instead.